YOUR FUTURE - Portimão 2019
05 April 2019 14:00 - 06 April 2019 23:45
Your Future - Portimão 2019" will take place in Portimão Arena, on April 5th and 6th. It is an event associated to the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (April 6th), a date declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2014, and the #WhiteCard campaign developed worldwide by the Peace and Sport association, sponsored by Prince Albert of Monaco whose president is the (4x) Olympic Joel Bouzou and Vice-President Didier Drogba. It will bring together various sports personalities in a debate on good practices associated with sport at the service of society and the role of (former) Athletes in their implementation in various sectors, as well as their role so that good sports practices are valued in the most diverse areas according to their new careers after the practice of sports. In this sharing of knowledge, we wish to emphasize the importance of a good career transition for Athletes so that they can give back to society the values and principles acquired during their practice and the importance of preparation in this regard. It will consist of a Congress, several Teaser Talks in the area of Health and a solidarity game to alert to these topics.
General Objectives of the event
- Sensitize society for the theme of the career transition and the importance of supporting the Athlete in his competitive path in order to have a positive and socially integrated reconversion
- Evidence of good examples of career transition and the importance of skills acquired in sport for the performance of tasks outside the sporting contexto
- Bring a new vision that aims to discuss the issue of preparing the Athlete for the career transition: Will Portugal have high performance workers? And will athletes be "heavy" reinforcers for the Corporate World? What do these two worlds have in common?
- To mark the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace and to associate the cause of the career transition with the #WhiteCard global campaign promoted by the association Peace and Sport
- Evidence of the role of (ex) Athletes in the transfer of these skills
Teaser Talks Objectives
- Understand the importance of the integrated model among the various areas for a healthy athlete's course
- The importance of preparing the Athlete for the moment of the career transition in aspects related to health and well-being