High-level Panel and Walk/Run around the Palais des Nations in the United Nations in Geneva
04 April 2014 10:00 - 16:00
Palais Nations Unies;
This gathering will be the opening event to mark the beginning of the worldwide celebration of the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace on 6 April. The event will bring together eminent personalities and high-level authorities as well as major players from the peace movement.
The event will be divided into two parts:
1) A number of key peace actors will exchange on the theme of promoting peace and development through sport as part of a high-level panel discussion.
The personalities taking part in this special day will include:
- Mr. Michael Moller, acting Director-General of the United Nations Office in Geneva
- Mr. Wilfried Lemke, United Nations Special Adviser on Sport for Develpment and Peace
- Mr. Joël Bouzou, President and Founder of Peace and Sport
- Mr. Nasser Al-khelaifi, Member of the Advisory Board of the Doha Goals Forum and Former President of PSG (tbc)
And many more…
2) A symbolic run/walk around the UN Palais des
Participants can choose to run or walk two laps of the 1.8 km track in the Ariana park. This activity will promote sport as a universal language that unites people and helps to build bridges for peace.
photos by: UN Photo / Jean Marc Ferré